Regional Manager, Risk Control
Lead the delivery of Risk Control Services to improve GRS underwriting results through customer service and underwriting risk assessment within the Connecticut/NYC Metro area. This includes the execution of Risk Control strategies, services and programs in a manner consistent with our value proposition and with an emphasis on impacting major areas of risk by industry. Accountable for workforce management, as well as team impact and outcomes through those strategies.
- Drives quality of team engagement, including implementation of Division Risk Assessment and Service Strategies.
- Actively participates in the divisional strategic planning process, maximizing impact on customer risk of loss as well as market differentiation with Brokers.
- Develops and leads relationships with key Underwriting market segment leaders in GRS to operationalize those strategies.
- Ensures alignment between staff technical/consultative skills and service strategy needs as well as internal quality standards. Identifies skills gaps and builds development strategies in collaboration with Specialists and Technical Directors. Effectively triages work to achieve appropriate utilization of Consultants and Virtual capabilities
- Ensures staffing level and technical skills are appropriate to meet GRS objectives. Recruits a high performing results oriented staff. Fosters internal Talent Mobility to build deeper talent feeder pools that result in greater diversification of staff.
- Ensure appropriate compliance with all legislation, corporate policies, and programs.
- Leads and directs project teams as assigned.
- Knowledge of Risk Control/Risk Engineering, insurance operations, and legal and regulatory requirements
- Advanced knowledge and application of risk control principles
- Variances in experience addressed and acquired through graduate degree in related field and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, or CPE
- Demonstrated ability to effectively get work done through front-line managers, project teams, individuals and peers
- Has demonstrated skills and results: in strategic and operational planning, leadership and relationship building, consulting and customer service, effective written and oral communication and operating results
- Bachelor`s degree required
- Advanced degree preferred plus 7 to 10 years of related experience plus a minimum of 5 years progressively more responsible management positions with exposure to project planning, and customer relationship management
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.