Analyst I/Analyst II, Data Science-Global Strategic Analytics (remote)
This is a range posting. The actual internal level/grade and compensation for this role will depend on the candidate's geographic location, overall experience, and skill level.
Join a high-energy data science and business experts in Liberty Mutual Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Advanced Analytics Hub as we drive business value and innovation through analytics. Using enterprise-caliber data science tools, you will work on projects/initiatives for the design, development, and delivery of advanced analytics solutions and predictive models that enable the business to make data-based decisions. As part of the Global Strategic Analytics team you will research, prototype, architect, and deploy complex analytics to create high-impact business value. In additional to collaboration with other team members, you will have high-profile engagement across the enterprise including Underwriting, Pricing, Tech and other functions.
The Analyst I/II, Data Science gains experience in collaborating with business partners to develop predictive analytic solutions that enable data driven strategic decision making. This role utilizes data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize business solutions.
This level focuses on gaining industry knowledge, development of predictive analytics techniques, and obtaining experience in storytelling with data.
- Applies data science techniques; gains confidence in skill application using analytics and data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets in order to generate insights to inform business decisions.
- Identifies and tests hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, as part of building predictive models for business application.
- Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Gains experience in enabling the business to make clear tradeoffs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Assists in customizing analytic solutions to specific client needs.
- Responsible for smaller components of projects considered low to moderate complexity and may work on smaller components of complex projects.
- Engages with the Data Science community.
- Participates in cross functional working groups.
- Solid knowledge of predictive analytics techniques and statistical diagnostics of models.
- Advance knowledge of predictive toolset; expert resource for tool development.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Has a value-driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Master's degree (scientific field of study) and 0-1 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's degree (scientific field of study) and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- NLP and GLM experience preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.