Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$71,800.00 - $118,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position in Select Accounts (Business Insurance) will develop data and analytics that support growth and profitability of the BOP 2.0 product countrywide. This role requires a detailed analysis of product, pricing, and growth at a countrywide, regional, and state level. This position will support and collaborate closely with Analytics and Underwriting partners and within Product Management in the formulation and implementation of state strategies through increased analysis and focus on competitor behaviors, marketplace dynamics, pricing segmentation, and line and segment level analysis.
What Will You Do?
- Manipulate and gather data/information.
- Recommend and implement improvement to procedures/workflow between functions and field office.
- Influence, collaborate and recommend discussions with business partners.
- Take on a leadership role in the management of a countrywide line of business.
- Develop increasing understanding of interacting variables in marketplace execution.
- Provide recommendations using analysis and interpretation of rates, data, and trends.
- Take a leadership role in the development of workflow practices across Select Product Management that reduce redundancy and establish consistency.
- Create and maintain a collaborative relationship with field partners that supports local strategies.
- Train, assimilate, and formally mentor new team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in business management, mathematics, management information, finance, actuarial science, economics or other analytics related field preferred.
- 2 years' experience working in financial services industry preferred.
- General knowledge of Commercial Lines products and systems.
- Working knowledge of Pricing and Actuarial techniques.
- Self Starter with Ability to Prioritize Multiple Deliverables.
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills - Able to take limited conceptual direction and deliver high quality work on time.
- Strong Analytical Ability - Displays a high proficiency in ability to analyze data/information.
- Problem Solving Skills - Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Action Oriented.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with business partners including business service centers, information technology, claim, actuarial, etc.
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Negotiation and Influential Ability.
- Demonstrated Leadership Behaviors.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year of experience in data analytics required.
- Thorough Knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.