Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$97,200.00 - $160,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Managed Service Leader is responsible for the governance and oversight of applications supported within a Managed Service (MSA) support model.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee execution and delivery to ensure the supplier is operating within the constraints of the statement of work (SOW) and meeting or exceeding service level agreements (SLAs)
- Aligns delivery with engineering, Agile and Sourcing Office practices as they evolve
- Serves as the Travelers single point of contact and escalation point for all applications within scope of the managed service agreement (MSA)
- Ensure strong financial governance as it relates to monthly invoicing and allocating costs between multiple markets, while continually seeking efficiencies across direct and indirect costs
- Support the demand management process prioritizing work between markets as necessary
- Assess MSA Story Point consumption by vendor, application, and project. Hold vendor accountable for Story Point estimates and burn.
- Assess demand and support trends and partner with GSO and Procurement as necessary to reduce BI costs as appropriate
- Improve processes to audit the data the supplier provides on a bi-annual basis
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing Office & Lines of Business across the Enterprise to understand and incorporate best practices into BI managed service agreements
- Support the MSA teams in agile transformation to better align with value stream Planning Increment cadence.
- Assist Centralized Onboarding Group as it relates to hardware, software, and application access requests
- Act as IT Application Steward in Enterprise 1 for all managed service applications
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to learning and expanding technical and business knowledge
- Works effectively with the business lines to analyze needs and communicate results
- Offers high-quality service through communication, responsiveness, and meeting SLOs
- Demonstrates attitude of willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues
- Manages capacity available to business in partnership with Demand Manager
- Articulates and presents information to various audiences with different levels of understanding (including immediate team, BI IT Leadership, other business units, and customers)
- Demonstrates active listening
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works with team to educate customers and team members on new processes/tool changes through documentation or demonstration
- Promotes a team-oriented environment (Travelers to vendor, vendor to vendor, etc.)
- Builds relationships with peers and customers to create an open and efficient transfer of knowledge and skills
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Places the success of the team above own objectives
- Creates a positive work environment
Planning & Project Management
- Balances changing priorities and schedule demands with flexibility
- Reviews all estimates based on requests, compares against available capacity, and approves estimates
- Manages the budgeting and cost analysis exercises including but not limited to TM1, ACS, etc.
Practices & Compliance
- Completes SOX certifications for all applications
- Manages Field Glass Statement of Work for all engagements
- Provides approval for RACF requests
- Provides approval for necessary Release Management milestones or exceptions
- Ensures approval is received for production data updates
- Ensures approval of Tech Currency exceptions and communication of exceptions and timeline with Value Stream Partners
- Vets and assists MSA Team gain various approvals, ex. Hard Freeze, emergency changes
- Proactively manages lifecycle changes of all applications
- In coordination with GSO and stakeholders provides monthly vendor performance feedback
- Adapts to a fast-paced environment, self-manages and prioritizes tasks
- Thinks broad and extensible in all designs and efforts to support growth
- Must be trustworthy and reliable
- Works collaboratively with others
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of technology or business related experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 6 years of technology or business related experience preferred.
- 1 year of experience managing others preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge:
- Has working knowledge of all programming disciplines and an understanding of the business that the assigned systems are supporting.
- Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge.
- Has thorough understanding of staff responsibilities, abilities and development needs.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Ability to create an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further analyzed.
- Once decisions are made, is able to execute on plans.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.
- Takes input from several sources, decides if all the information needed is available and moves to a decision.
- Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
- Team Orientation:
- Maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions.
- Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures.
- Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Identifies those unit tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Is able to influence management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and ability to apply them to projects of moderate complexity. In the Agile environment the manager level typically performs as the Scrum Master or Kanban Master.
- Financial Awareness:
- Develops a portion of an overall divisional budget subject to review and is responsible for expense control for the units assigned.
- Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness.
- Failure to achieve objectives can result in delays or inefficiencies requiring the readjustment of resources and/or staff.
- Responsible for important and confidential information.
- Human Resource Management:
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills by displaying an understanding of the needs and perspective of others.
- Demonstrates a capacity to recognize, value and respect differences across a diverse work force.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.