Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$86,300.00 - $142,400.00
In this role, you will solve, test and implement some of our most challenging end-to-end engineering problems that will ultimately advance our organization through technology.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a valued member of our technology engineering community you will:
Collaborate with a robust team of engineers to sharpen your skills, learn various emerging technologies while working on key business initiatives. Along the way, gain experience to help advance your career at Travelers.
Provide mentorship as needed to team members on complex engineering solutions while fostering a team environment.
Research and apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions for software engineering problems.
Perform analysis, design, development, defect resolution and configuration of projects ranging in complexity. Define technical requirements on projects.
Tackle well-scoped projects in partnership with your team.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- One year of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Design and development of web service technologies such as REST, or JSON
- Writing automated unit, UI, and End-to-End tests such as NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, or Selenium
- DevOps, CI/CD, and configuration management tools
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Problem Solving - Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems rather than working around them, recognize mistakes using them as learning opportunities and break down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.