As a Liberty Mutual Insurance actuary, you'll use your analytical talents to resolve thought-provoking business problems and bring value to our customers. You'll work in a collaborative and dynamic work environment where the challenges are on-going.
In this position, you will support our Risk Management division in Major Accounts.
- Perform advanced actuarial analyses in the following areas: pricing, insured program design, business planning and finance.
- Perform profitability reviews for our Worker's Comp, General Liability, and Auto business.
- Review and coordinate rate and pricing levels to ensure consistency with overall business group or company goals.
- Provide consultation to senior managers and underwriting staff on actuarial, financial, and business planning.
- Manage or participate in projects designed to improve the quality of information, analysis, and reserving.
- Manage a staff of four (all based on the US west coast).
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) or near-FCAS designation preferred
- 5-10 years progressively responsible experience, including supervisory experience
- Ability to foster teamwork and relationships across organizational line
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts including company/agency relationships' importance to the business success.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively express technical actuarial and statistical concepts to non-technical individuals internal and external to the organization
- Advanced decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Expands/maintains Actuarial professional knowledge through society (CAS/AAA) publications and meetings/conferences
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.