Associate Product Owner - Reinsurance Operations
Member of the Agile squad/team, representing the voice of the customer and the organization in execution of product vision. With guidance, works closely with all stakeholders to maximize the value of development through definition and prioritization of features and stories to ensure alignment with customer and organizational goals. Responsible for researching and defining external constraints on the squad/team (e.g. regulatory and compliance approvals). May perform Product Owner tasks such as reviewing and writing user stories of lower risk and complexity. Participates in defining and prioritizing the product backlog.
The compensation for this role is dependent on experience and geographic location of candidate.
- With guidance from a Product Owner, supports the communication of and alignment to the product vision. May also contribute to the definition of the product vision.
- Ability to support both project work through a standard backlog and direct triage the escalation of Production Support issues through Service Desk process
- Supports the use of product level KPIs to drive product decisions. Assists in collecting KPI data and/or reinforcing their use in product decisions.
- Supports creating and maintaining the backlog (including prioritization, and acceptance criteria).
- Contributes to squad/team quarterly planning and sets expectations for delivery of new capabilities, features, and functionalities.
- Participates in squad/team demos, retrospectives, and all other ceremonies.
- With guidance, works daily with the Agile working group, clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and supporting alignment around product strategy.
- With a guidance from the Product Owner, monitors and maintains the product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency.
- May analyze feasibility, cost of delay ramifications, economies, and other aspects of planned or potential changes to the product.
- Conducts research into regulatory, compliance and other industry constraints on the product.
- Negotiates with squads/teams within the portfolio to ensure priorities are aligned during a sprint.
- With limited guidance, supports building the product roadmap at the squad/team level based on strategy and ongoing input from stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree in relevant field (business, computer science, humanities, etc)
- 3 years of experience in business, technology, or consulting with a minimum of 1 year direct experience with agile teams
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and able to influence others and build consensus with clear arguments
- Experience communicating moderate to complex ideas, issues and designs
- Ability to operate with incomplete information and make timely decisions
- Problem solver with ability to lead a team
- Experimental mindset with demonstrated willingness to learn and experiment
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.