Sr Analyst, Catastrophe Mgt
Working independently, the Senior Catastrophe Management Analyst will help oversee the databases and applications used to assess and monitor exposures, including development of models to assess vulnerability to natural and man-made events. Assists CAT Management in understanding 3rd party models and developing bespoke views of risk. Responsible for development of risk management tools, modeling techniques, and processes needed to monitor and control exposures. Responsible for training application users and ensuring timely and accurate data capture. Serves as the technical expert and department resource for analysts and underwriters.
- Apply expert knowledge to CAT Management and data modeling tools employed by Liberty.
- Develop tools and processes for collecting, monitoring and reporting on exposure and modeled loss data.
- Independently prepare complex analyses and presents findings to management. Work with CAT Management to create standard reports to keep management informed of current exposure accumulations and forecast of future risk. Develop ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of 3rd party and Liberty specific catastrophe models. Perform analyses and develop custom programs and techniques to reflect a bespoke view of risk. Create tools and processes to efficiently operationalize model views.
- Retain ownership and management of projects and initiatives as directed by CAT management.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements to processes, controls and technology systems related to CAT
- College degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Finance/General Business or Engineering or equivalent education and/or experience
- 5-7 years of catastrophic modeling and management reporting experience
- 2-3 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency with CAT management software employed by LIU
- Superb data mining skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SQL knowledge
- Insurance and/or reinsurance background preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.