Assistant Director, Data Science-Machine Learning Innovation (remote)
The world is constantly changing, and the way people move, live and conduct business is evolving at a rapid pace. This presents an opportunity to expand and grow our offerings, while also reinventing them for the future of mobility, shelter, and commerce. Solaria Labs is a global team that explores how trends will shape and shift the future and partners with teams across Liberty Mutual to develop new innovative products to protect our customers in a rapidly changing world. (www.solarialabs.com)
As a Data Scientist in Solaria Labs, you will be part of a team working on challenging problems by developing innovative solutions by using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques related to computer vision, natural language processing (NLP), and Human-in-the-loop algorithms, among others.
- Translate product ideas into well-posed data science challenges, and solve them
- Design and deploy Machine Learning (ML) systems backing our products, including computer vision, NLP, and others
- Translate and champion our ML capabilities for non-technical audiences
- Participate in the broader ML community to stay current with the latest techniques and software
- Engage with staff within and beyond the Innovation team, training and advocating for the use of ML techniques in other business areas
Please Note: This is a remote opportunity with compensation dependent on candidate's geographic location, overall experience, and skill level.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, a Master`s degree (scientific field of study) and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor`s degree(scientific field of study) and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience analyzing data and a broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques
- Expertise with Python, along with standard machine learning libraries
- Proven track record of rapid prototyping and development, leveraging open source or commercial frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, Hadoop, AWS) is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with significant uncertainty
- Possession of strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.