Commercial Lines Insurance Assistant
Austin & Co., an Alera Group Company is seeking a Commercial Lines Technical Assistant for their Property & Casualty team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact?
Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
Austin & Co. Inc. is operated with integrity, efficiency and commitment to providing the highest level of professional insurance services and risk management advice to our clients. The focus in the Northeast and our relationships with premier carriers and other partners allows us to bring first-class, innovative and comprehensive solutions.
As a Commercial Lines Technical Assistant you will provide support to the acquisition, maintenance and retention of clients through efficient handling of all transactions relating to a client. Support Commercial Lines CSR's and Senior Commercial Lines Technical Assistants with the servicing of assigned clients.Responsibilities
- Assist with servicing of commercial accounts. This includes assisting with handling of workflow, billing, rating, company follow-ups for policies, endorsements, requests, certificates of insurance, summary of insurance, binders, and ordering renewals.
- Observe and follow all currently implemented systems, procedures, and guidelines established by the Commercial Lines Department and the Agency and those that may be implemented in the future.
- Research and respond to company/agency accounting differences.
- Meet all individual quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives established by Commercial Lines Department Manager and/or Agency Management.
- Communicate with CSR's, Producers and Commercial Lines Manager when clarification is needed or issues arise with Commercial Lines clients.
- Provide back-up for Senior and other Commercial Lines Technical Assistants, Sr. Claims Specialist, and Administrative Assistant / Receptionist as needed.
- Knowledge of the commercial lines workflows and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education, with one (1) year of insurance agency or company experience.
- State Property & Casualty License required or obtained within 1 year of employment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; experience with TAM "The Agency Manager" a definite plus.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.