Asst Dir, Data Solutions (STP)
Liberty Mutual's Internal Agency is seeking an innovative data developer to join our team! This position will partner with IT and business stakeholders to deliver trusted data solutions that align with some of Liberty Mutuals highest priority and most exciting business imperatives.
As a leader in the Agency's data domain, you will be challenged with developing complex solutions to serve multiple functions; enabling our analytics community to win by providing consistent, accurate and secure data to make better decisions driving a best-in-class customer and agent experience.
- Under broad management direction, works at high authority limits on assignments reflecting a high degree of technical complexity and coordination to design, build and maintain data solutions utilizing high level of technical knowledge and expertise to meet the needs of the business customers.
- Complete user acceptance testing on new data assets, research problems as they arise, share findings, and make a pass/fail recommendation to IT teams.
- Effectively balance tasks simultaneously and adapt to shifting/competing priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Communicate with a variety of people within the Internal Agency, Comparion Agency, the Direct Response Center, Engineering, the Data Office, and the Strategic Partnerships Group. Engage with peers and stakeholders to understand current state challenges, identify requirements, and come to agreement on plans. As necessary, develop messages to share best practices and release notes for data assets. Adapt communication style appropriately to share project results, opportunities, and successes with Business and Technical Leaders.
- Provide expertise across a broad set of technologies that support our data infrastructure including Snowflake, SAS, Python, ETL tools, B2B applications, and even Windows Server administration.
- Embrace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion culture creating long-lasting and trusting relationships with teammates.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline preferred
- Master`s in same or related disciplines strongly preferred
- 5-7+ years experience in coding for data management, data warehousing, or other data environments, including, but not limited to, working in NoSQL implementation, ETL, Java, scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell), and the Hadoop stack
- 5-7+ years experience as developer with top quadrant Business Intelligence tools
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.