LABS Ops Specialist I
Under moderate supervision, interpret, evaluate, and resolve if possible, incoming requests via email, telephone, web, etc. relating to legal invoice submission and processing. Provides excellent customer service, with timely and accurate information, to Claims, Law Firms and other stakeholders for all of Liberty Mutual. Independently solves problems of simple to moderate scope and complexity and determines appropriate resolution or escalation. Follows up on specific inquiries or requests to ensure high customer satisfaction. Performs in a fast-paced, high-volume, complex environment that supports all business units and uses dozens of internally and externally developed applications.
- Researches and analyzes basic customer service inquiries from outside counsel firms, vendors, Claims, and internal Legal resources. Efficiently and thoroughly investigates and troubleshoots all aspects of the incoming inquiries.
- Provides comprehensive responses using clear, concise, professional communication.
- Exercises sound judgment and independent thinking to determine the best follow up actions, whether it is with Claims, law firms, vendors or internal Legal resources.
- Works directly with outside counsel firms to understand billing patterns and nuances in an effort to reduce rework and streamline processing.
- Understands various internal product lines and business units to ensure proper recording in system of record.
- Determines appropriate workflow routing for submitted invoices based on type of invoice and/or special processing instructions. Returns invoices that fail to comply with the billing requirements.
- Investigates received checks. Determines proper allocation back to the claim file. Initiates payment transfer transactions. Investigates reimbursements and applies refund checks.
- Meets established service level agreements in high-volume environment.
- Assists in other areas of the department as needed.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively maintain customer service relations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with numbers
- Requires broad working knowledge of all aspects of department operations
- General computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant operational experience
- May have less years of experience if it is LABS operational experience (direct experience)
- Accounts payable or customer service experience preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.