Actuarial Analyst - Reserving Commercial Lines
As a Liberty Mutual Insurance Actuarial Analyst, you will use your analytical talents to resolve thought-provoking business problems and bring value to our customers. You will work in a collaborative and dynamic work environment where the challenges are ongoing. But with Liberty Mutual Insurance's training and management support, you will be ready.
This role will participate in the Actuarial Rotational Program with opportunities to gain experience in both Personal and Commercial products and may work in a variety of disciplines such as financial reporting, ratemaking, reinsurance, research, reserving, underwriting, etc. The Program includes periodic rotations of Students between different positions within various Actuarial departments or business units.
- (Especially in your initial rotational assignment) participate in the actuarial analysis and development of premium, loss and loss expense reserves.
- Participate in the actuarial analysis of the company pricing posture for each state and develops rate level indications.
- Assist in the preparation of actuarial support for rate filings.
- Assist in the preparation of special reports and studies.
- Provide technical assistance and information to other departments.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of computer software and data.
- Pursue actuarial exams.
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations or remote. Compensation will vary based on location, experience and education.
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Commitment to achieving Associateship or Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 2 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant experience required.
- Prior experience and knowledge of basic actuarial techniques and standards and insurance operations.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to exercise discretion and apply independent judgment and critical thinking skills in execution of assignments.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with some direction.
- Intermediate MS Office Excel and SAS skills
- Ability to build simple models; Programming skills are desirable.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.