Senior Data Engineer - Investments Tech
Are you looking for a chance to be part of a high performing team that is passionate about data? Does the thought of building a modern cloud-based data platform from the ground up excite you? We are looking for someone to join our team to help enable solutions for the next generation of data analysis while working in a fast-paced environment that fosters growth and development. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
The Liberty Mutual Investments Data Platform team is actively searching for a Senior Data Engineer to help implement, expand and support our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platform. You will be an integral part of our migration from our on-premises systems to the cloud. Our cloud solution includes Snowflake for our enterprise data warehouse, Snaplogic as our ETL tool and Control-M for our scheduling tool, all on AWS. You will be a vital member of a newly formed agile team helping to implement the technical components, mentoring junior staff, performing hands on coding as well as interacting with business stakeholders to understand their needs. This is a visible role that allows you to share your knowledge and skills with other developers and product teams in a collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain dimensional models and ETL processes to load Data Warehouse and support enterprise reporting capabilities
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and collaborate with other agile team members
- Mentor and provide guidance to new and junior data engineers
- Participate in code reviews and champion the adoption of best practices
- Support the data environment by releasing new features, resolving issues for users, and working with other technology teams
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 3-5 years of professional experience in a Data Warehouse environment
- Domain expertise in Investments / Asset Management, Finance
- Data modeling, data warehousing, and modern data platform component experience
- Proficient with ETL/ELT data pipelines, patterns for loading Data Warehouses, Lakes
- Experience with public cloud data platforms Snowflake (experience preferable), AWS, Azure
- Experience with Master Data Management platforms, Enterprise Data Catalogs a plus
- Knowledge of business intelligence, analytics, and reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline principles a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design and delivery
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.