Director I, Data Science Product Management Analytics Transformation (remote)
The insurance industry is undergoing tremendous change and Liberty Mutual, a diversified global insurer, is leading the charge with its innovative products and customer-centric approach. The Advanced Analytics Hub is responsible for developing best-in-class underwriting and claims models by leveraging Data Science, cutting edge technology, and agile delivery to drive business value.
Data Science Product Management job focuses on the continuous development, deployment and monitoring of a portfolio of Data Science models. Operating in an agile team composed of data scientists and technologists, you will collaborate with underwriters, product managers and actuaries to develop and deliver advanced analytics products across the commercial and specialty underwriting lifecycle. You will be responsible for articulating and translating the overall business vision into strategy and tactics for specific products and be accountable for maximizing the value of this portfolio of Data Science products.
This role is part of the Analytics Transformation team, a team responsible for championing the future of Data Science, helping to incubate new ideas and encourage innovation with purpose across Global Risk Solutions, with a strong focus on leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to drive business value. The team is looking for a passionate individual who is full of curiosity, open to new ideas, and willing to fail fast and embrace a culture of experimentation.
- Responsible for the valuation, organization, and prioritization of a portfolio of DS work
- Develop and drives product vision
- Represent voice of the customer and engages with stakeholders to identify critical needs and determine optimal solutions
- Explore technical solutions to support model deployment
- Inform the identification and prioritization of work to reduce technical debt
- Partner cross-functionally to support the work of Data Scientists while continuing to learn how to apply technical knowledge to business issues.
- Work day to day with the scrum team clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and gaining alignment around product strategy.
- Define minimum viable product (MVP). Own product backlog (grooming, prioritization, and refinement)
- Partner across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support
- Lead problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Incorporate stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations or remote. Compensation will vary based on location, experience and education.
- Bachelors or masters degree in quantitative field with 7+ years of related experience within insurance, actuarial, data science or technology product management preferred
- Prior data science work experience preferred
- Strong understanding of data science concepts and methodologies
- Knowledge of data science product deployment
- Understanding of technology platforms, architecture, or tools used to support modeling
- Understanding of basic actuarial concepts and other product-specific nuances that impact technical design of modeling products
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with SAS, SQL, R, Python and other big data and emerging technology tools
- Prior exposure to advanced ML (CV/NLP) products
- Prior experience leading cross-functional projects preferred but not required
- Strong business acumen, communication skills, ability to influence stakeholders and project management skills
- Proven ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.