Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure Configuration
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
The Sr. Software Engineer position will cover the Infrastructure Configuration Portfolio encompassing Configuration Platforms for on premise and cloud. This squad creates frameworks to Deliver code to production safely, securely, with accountability. The squad is responsible for multiple configuration tools and processes, including modernizing & consolidating toolsets, reducing technical debt and promotion & use of Open Source technology where applicable.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Collaborative partner: Working with our team of scrum masters, product owners and fellow engineers, you'll tackle technical challenges and ensure quality as we move from legacy technologies to next-generation applications
- Comprehensive problem-solver: As you manage the end-to-end development of software products, you'll analyze issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Skilled technical engineer: You'll document and lead the implementation of technical features, improvements and innovations
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
In this role you will
Develops effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
Provides functional/system integration testing support.
Develops component design / Analyzes user stories for validity and feasibility & supporting documentation
Contributes to technical alternatives.
Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
Works within the team on iterative development that delivers a high-quality product.
Mentor new developers and junior developers.
Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
Experience with AWS & Azure Cloud services.
Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline structure and use
Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and technical standards, security, and privacy policies.
Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances.
Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
Passion for new and emerging technologies.
Python, Java, or other OOP language experience
Familiar with API development and usage.
- Minimum of five years of software engineering experience
- Background in business operations and strategies, with a focus on business IT
- History of translating client requirements into technical designs
- Agile engineering capabilities and a design-thinking mindset
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- Thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
- Proficiency in software engineering languages and tools, including Python, Java and RESTful services, spanning horizontal and vertical packages
- An understanding of how modifications affect different parts of a system and an ability to explain your decision-making process to non-engineers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with AWS & Azure Cloud services.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline structure and use
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and technical standards, security, and privacy policies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Passion for new and emerging technologies.
- Python, Java, or other OOP language experience
- Familiar with API development and usage.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.