Contract Manager/Sr Contract Manager
At Liberty Mutual, our Technology & Business teams are partners in an amazing digital journey leveraging technology, data, and innovation to serve our customers and employees! Our Procurement team combines customer centricity, domain expertise and technical skill to enable our stakeholders to deliver against their goals and achieve optimal value from our supplier relationships.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Contract Manager/Senior Contract Manager supporting Technology who will:
- Draft and negotiate agreements including licenses, maintenance agreements, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, statements of work and service level agreements for products and/or services according to department and Corporate Legal guidelines and templates. The complexity of agreements may vary from moderate to complex. Should be experienced in redlining legal agreements. Experience with early stage suppliers, innovation initiatives, IP ownership and co-development is a plus.
- Interface effectively with key stakeholders including senior management to understand and support their acquisition requirements and timelines.
- Collaborate with Corporate Legal concerning negotiation and contract strategies and priorities.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining strong partnerships with key suppliers and possessing a high-level awareness of all such suppliers' business with Liberty.
- Perform or direct research regarding industry trends, products, pricing and tools.
- May conduct or facilitate financial deal analysis of major purchases to determine most economical method of acquisition.
Key areas of expertise:
- Software/SaaS, Cloud, Security, Telecom & Contact Center, Core Data Center Tech (Compute, Storage, Network) & Managed Services
- Data and analytics including Market Data, Insurance Data & Telematics. Experience in data licensing, intellectual property and co-development is a plus.
- Technologies supporting business areas such as insurance functions, marketing, finance/investments and corporate functions
- Suppliers such as Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, AWS, Google, IBM, Dell, VMWare, Cisco
- Deep software licensing expertise, prior experience in software asset management and compliance is a plus
- Leads or participates in the contract negotiation process for sourcing and contracting projects of varying levels of complexity in alignment with the overall category strategy.
- Develops negotiation strategy and plan in conjunction with category managers and stakeholders. Communicates negotiation objectives, scope, strategy and direction to project team. Drafts and negotiates agreements including licenses, maintenance agreements, master services agreements, statements of work and service level agreements for products and/or services according to department and Corporate Legal guidelines and templates. Interacts with other subject matter experts such as Corporate Legal, Security and Privacy to address legal and third-party risk management requirements. Presents analyses, recommendations and results to stakeholders, including senior-level management.
- Develops and manages relationship with assigned key suppliers to sustain thorough knowledge of current activity and prospective business opportunities. May establish annual objectives for contract supplier performance, product pricing, quality, technological support where necessary, best practices and diverse supplier commitments. Facilitates supplier meetings and reviews.
- May lead supplier audit efforts collaborating with subject matter experts in software asset management as well as technology and business stakeholders
- Develops and implements standards, processes and procedures pertaining to the procurement of product categories and services as they relate to business practices. May participates on internal committees and taskforces in order to provide information and advice on business, financial and licensing issues pertaining to technology acquisitions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience; Certified Purchasing Manager preferred. 5-7 years of complex product or service acquisition and contract negotiation experience required. Experience with e-Procurement systems including procurement, sourcing and contract modules preferred.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation, problem solving, decision making and consensus building skills.
- Thorough skills in contract preparation, negotiation and interpretation.
- Extensive financial analysis and planning skills; business value analysis skills. General knowledge of diverse technologies and platforms. Extensive knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies. Understands business trends in various industries, may include the IT industry.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Thorough math skills and accounting practice skills. Proficient in the use of computer systems, personal computers and software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and business process modeling.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.