Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. By fully embracing agile principles within a Fortune 100 company, our team members enjoy startup-style ownership of their aligned products with the resources, opportunities, and impact of a global company.
The Distribution Technology Book Transfer team, part of Global Retail Markets (GRM) organization, is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to bring their passion and skill for software, architecture, and engineering practices to develop customer-centric products from idea to production with an empowered agile team. This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the independent agent channel. Specifically, this team builds and supports internal-facing applications that provide a suite of capabilities which enable book transfers -- the ability for independent agents to transfer books of business from other insurance carriers to Liberty Mutual / Safeco. Book transfers drive millions of dollars in new business growth each year and are a critical part of our current and future success.
Why should you join our team?
- We are focused on leveraging modern technology to deliver value, increase our return on investment, and reduce our total cost of ownership
- We deploy to production frequently and enjoy iterating on rapid user feedback
- Our market segment is continuing to expand which drives demand for more features
- We continually strive to improve both our technical capabilities and culture to be the BEST place to work
- You will have many opportunities to help shape the future of our team's capabilities and technical solutions
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working on agile teams/squads
- Proven ability to grow and lead teams to successful outcomes through coaching and mentoring of team members
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong candidates will be proficient in the following: Bamboo, MongoDB, Cloud Foundry and PING auth
- Consistent initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps
- Able to analyze complex technical problems and recommend improvements that address technology gaps within a business process while improving reliability, quality, and efficiency
- Open-minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and consensus-building
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Effective collaboration at all levels of the organization
- Customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-changing circumstances
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing)
- In-depth knowledge of design patterns and architecture principles
- Familiar with security and data privacy policies, especially related to AWS
- Aware of emerging technologies and their use cases
- Understands how to interpret and leverage Agile delivery concepts including backlog tracking, metrics, and incremental delivery
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.