Senior Consultant, Risk Control
We are searching for a Technical Consultant to join our UPS Dedicated Team in Kansas City, KS or St. Louis, MO. United Parcel Service (UPS) has been a commercial insurance partner for almost 85 years. Today, ranked 52nd on the Fortune 500 and employing over 500,000 workers globally, UPS is Liberty Mutual's National Insurance largest customer.
This position is work from home due to the dedicated aspect of the account however nearly 100% of the work is performed at UPS locations across Missouri and Kansas. In this role, you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with UPS Health & Safety and operations management teams to identify, quantify, and reduce/eliminate safety hazards. Support is provided primarily to Package Operations.
The UPS Dedicated Risk Control Team takes pride in its reputation for responsiveness and proven track record for pro-actively identifying opportunities for impact, and for developing solutions that have proven time and again our value in mitigating loss for this high-profile customer. The right candidate for this role will bring strong relationship-building skills, service management skills, acute customer focus, and a passion for quality execution as well as the requisite technical skills and experience.
Please Note: This position is eligible to be hired at differed levels depending on experience.
- Account Service: Work with UPS Management and employees to provide comprehensive, highly sophisticated consulting to assists in meeting customer key performance indicators. Including a deep understanding of customer operations and industry exposures in order to develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Leadership: Having the ability to cross collaborate, innovate, influence and inspire those around them to meet a common goal. This includes mentoring and coaching, owning personal and career growth aspirations, and becoming a leader in their field.
- Continuous Improvement: Having a growth mindset that allows for continuous improvement of work product and service delivery in a collaborative way that provides consistent innovation.
- Relationship Building: Ability to form and sustain relationships at all levels of customer organization and become a trusted influencer in order to impact business objectives.
- Risk Reduction: Provide risk assessment services and information to track progress and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual.
- Due to the UPS operating schedule, position requires occasional early morning/late evening appointments. There is overnight travel required.
- Primary service territory is St. Louis, MO and Kansas City, KS
Key Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Inquisitive thinking and problem-solving skills. Can leverage these skills to influence change.
- Able to adapt to changing and competing priorities demonstrating resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrates personal energy, stamina and discretionary effort.
- Works with a sense of urgency and handles setbacks/feedback with a growth mindset.
- Strong collaboration skills and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Capacity to become trusted risk advisor and partner with the customer.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in math, engineering or related areas (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of directly related consulting experience in loss prevention or progressive safety/heath field.
- Candidates are typically working towards (or obtained) an advanced degree and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, or CPE.
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in a specialized field, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and enter information using various proprietary software applications and create/modify documents and complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Office suite.
- Position requires regular travel.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.