Senior Software Engineer (remote) - Tech Support Development
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Tech Support Development team is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our existing team who are actively focused on making our employee's experience with technology even better. The ideal candidate would have a passion to be innovative, customer-focused and is not afraid to ask questions to challenge the status quo. Teams will be focused on building new capabilities such as digital portals, a telephony/chat platform and complex internal/external system integrations as we set out on aggressive multi-year roadmaps. Full-stack is the way our teams operate from design to devops, to testing, and everything in-between. If you want to learn new skills on an empowered, self-managing team this is your place!
- Design & develop Enterprise Applications as part of a SCRUM team in a scaled agile environment
- Deploy applications to AWS and Kubernetes
- Extend and evolve traditional Java-based web applications to cloud-native serverless & microservice patterns
- Work directly with our customers and business partners to move the needle on OKRs and KPIs
- Interact with customers and core development team to refine the product backlog
- Embrace a full-stack development mentality devops, front/back-end, +
- Automate and execute all levels of testing (unit, integration, and regression)
- Support software products through their entire lifecycle
- Proactively avoid and eliminate technical debt
- Champion engineering excellence
- Foster learning/growth mindset and model it for others
- Passion for making internal employees lives better with the use of technology
- Generally 5+ years of professional experience.
- Experience working in a technical leadership capacity directing, coaching and mentoring more junior engineers
- Proven experience designing solutions using cloud computing platforms & services (AWS, Lambda, EC2, OCF, K8S, Amazon Lex, Microsoft Luis)
- Proven experience designing & building APIs (REST, SOAP, API Gateway, SpringBoot, etc.)
- Experience in agile software delivery (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Highly proficient in software engineering tools such as GIT, Bamboo and Jira
- Versed in diverse technologies and technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts
- Strong consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Business function(s) and IT industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies, and objectives
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.