Senior/Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We have an immediate opportunity for an extremely talented software developer who is passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, and so are persistence, patience, and communication. You will be part of a high-performing Agile team working to build the agency notification solutions within the Distribution Technology of Global Retail Markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with a team of developers, testing engineers, and user experience designers to build new features our customers love and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
- Support interactions with customers and the development team to define/refine user stories and estimate the work
- Partner with application/data technologists/architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
- Master our development process, culture, code base, build/deployment pipeline, and improve it.
- Mentor Agile team members in the development of technologies, tools, and best practices
- 5+ years of hands-on software design and development experience in commercial environments, at least 1of which should be in a technical leadership role
- 4+ years of back-end system and API development experience using JAVA/JAVA EE, Spring, and other related technologies.
- Solid understanding of database fundamentals: SQL and MongoDB
- Ability to work cross-functionally to articulate, measure and solve performance issues
- Hands-on experience in optimizing CI/CD process and tools, automation testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing is a strong plus
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership and accountability.
- Passion for continuous improvement in building knowledge base technically and professionally
- Bachelors or Masters degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, BS or MS in Computer Science preferred.
- Eight or more years of software engineering experience
- Strong background in business operations and strategies, including global technology and financial services trends
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architectures, designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building capabilities
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for working in teams
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts and principles
- A deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Awareness of policies regarding security and privacy
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics and incremental delivery
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.