Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$74,400.00 - $122,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers' Experience Design (XD) team creates solutions to ensure best-in-class experiences for our customers, agents, employees, and partners. As the Sr Experience Design Specialist, you will assist in the discovery and creation of new and improved solutions that result in unified, inclusive, and valuable experiences for our customers, agents, and employees. With guidance from more senior Experience Design (XD) staff, you will collaborate with product and journey management, engineering, data and analytics, business stakeholders, and others. You will help to turn insights into actionable observations, define, test, and implement service and product solutions in one or more channels, as part of an overall experience strategy. You will continue to develop your skills and abilities and contribute to the growth of the XD practice.
What Will You Do?
- Analyze and design solutions for products and services by helping to improve and create models, concepts, and design elements (e.g., user flows, information architecture, scenarios, personas, interactions, content, visuals, etc.) using judgement and following established design objectives, principles, and standards.
- Help to plan and execute research and testing activities to gather user experience data, evaluate the usability of solutions, and determine the effectiveness of concepts; analyze, describe, and report results to design stakeholders.
- Under the guidance of design leads, collaborate with various stakeholders (i.e., end users, other business and technology functions, and outside partners), demonstrating a human-centered focus that informs work through research-based insights and design exploration.
- Use domain-specific knowledge to execute prioritized work, while identifying and communicating impediments and risks, and adhering to defined scope and objectives.
- Communicate basic design concepts and decisions, solicit feedback, and prioritize and apply with guidance.
- Utilize the most appropriate tools, methods, and processes.
- Help with and take part in personal, team, and practice development efforts, growing your skills and contributing to the advancement of the XD function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience in a related field, such as HCI, VCD, Service Design, Anthropology, etc.
- Two years of related experience.
- Basic or working knowledge of most areas, along with application in one or more areas:
- Design research
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- Content design (strategy, writing, editing for interaction)
- Information design
- Service design
- Presentation and communication
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Design strategy
- Usability testing
- Data analysis
- Design systems
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- One year of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.