Commercial Lines Underwriter
About the Role
Join an amazing team as a Commercial Lines Underwriter with a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to its policyholders.
As a Commercial Lines Underwriter, you will determine acceptability of new applications, renewals, and endorsements based upon risk characteristics, profit potential, and company underwriting standards. This position works at their Atlanta area office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review new applications, renewals, and requests for changes to determine acceptability of all commercial lines of insurance written by the company on either a mono-line or package policy basis (i.e. commercial fire, commercial general liability, workers’ compensation, commercial and fleet auto, business owners’, etc.)
- Evaluate risks and make decisions regarding insurability considering nature and location of property and/or operations
- Select proper policy or policies to be utilized and determine appropriate pricing using individual risk and experience premium modification factors
- Make periodic visits to agents to improve quality of submissions, stimulate growth, and achieve improved agency/company relationships and more profitable results
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of commercial lines underwriting experience
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines products and coverages
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Salary range: $61,000 to $77,000. Bonus incentive is 7% of salary.
Apply for Commercial Lines Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly