IT Service Desk Associate (Springfield, MO or Galveston, TX)
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking an IT Service Desk Associate for our Springfield, MO or Galveston, TX location. The associate position is the entry-level position of the Service Desk job family. This role provides first contact technical support for agents, employees, and customers through triage, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of hardware, software, and websites. This role collaborates with fellow technicians and service management training coordinators to learn the service management processes to support all customers.
- Acts as the initial point of contact for customers seeking CTS hardware and software assistance.
- Provides basic troubleshooting, education, and support of CTS supported hardware, software, applications, and infrastructure.
- Triages, diagnoses, and resolves customer issues within the defined SLA.
- Provides detailed and accurate documentation via the service management system.
- Associate degree.
- At least one year of experience.
- Additional qualifications:
- Associate degree in an IT-related program or one to two years of comparable work experience in an information technology or customer position.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and support.
- Proven basic knowledge of Windows and Mac computers and related peripherals.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented and customer-focused individual with strong collaboration skills.
- Requires prudent time management skills and a robust ability to multitask.
- Must be able to plan for and organize their workload for the most efficient handling of requests and incidents.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.EEO/ADA Statement
American National Insurance Company is committed to compliance with the ADA. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding essential job function, please contact a member of the HR team.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.