This position offers an optional hybrid work schedule, with three days working in the office and two days working remotely.
We are now hiring for a National Accounts Underwriter to join our Risk Management team in our South Sioux City, Nebraska, office.
For this position, we need someone that is self-motivated with an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset. Underwriting experience is preferred. This dynamic team member will be providing select large fleet insureds with a concierge level of customer service. Everything about this role is unique: You will be challenged to come up with creative solutions for your customers as you work to grow your book of business. Some travel is required.
We will provide you with the tools, training, and support to succeed.
In this position, you will:
* Directly impact the profitability and success of our business by the end of your first year.
* Have autonomy in your work and manage your own book of business in a fast-paced environment.
* Become a trusted partner with our agents and insureds through your relationship-building skills.
* Demonstrate your experience and expertise by collecting, analyzing, evaluating potential loss hazards, and structuring insurance programs to meet the needs of select large fleet insureds.
Successful candidates will have:
* Relevant professional experience where you built and developed business relationships.
* A detail-oriented, yet flexible mindset to manage unique risk portfolios.
* Strong communication skills.
* The ability to analyze risk, multi-task, and stay organized.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
* A 37.5 hour work week.
* A formal Management Development Program.
* Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
* Separate paid vacation and paid sick leave.
* Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (e.g. Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
* Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City is the location of our large corporate headquarters and central regional office. The Siouxland community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work.