This position offers an optional hybrid work schedule, with three days working in the office and two days working remotely.
We are now hiring for a Commercial Underwriter in our Bloomington, IN office. For this position, we need someone who is self-motivated with an analytical and positive mindset. Quick thinking and resiliency are keys to your success as an underwriter, but you won't be doing this alone. You will work closely with our collaborative team to meet company goals and grow as a professional.
In this position, you will:
- Directly impact the profitability and success of our business.
- Have autonomy in your work and manage your own book of business in a fast-paced environment.
- Become a trusted partner with our agents and insureds through your relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrate your experience and expertise by collecting, analyzing, evaluating potential loss hazards and structuring insurance programs to meet the needs of our insureds.
- Participate in a training program that includes one-on-one mentoring, classroom instruction, and self-study.
Successful candidates will have:
- Prior experience in finance, banking, or a profession where you built and developed long-term relationships.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to analyze risk.
- The ability to identify customer needs and market Great West products and services to them.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• Flexible schedules for a stable work-life balance.
• Company paid continuing education and monetary awards for professional development.
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and leaves of absence, including maternity/paternity leave.
• Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees.
• Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Great West Casualty Company