Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$97,300.00 - $160,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?It's an exciting time to join Infrastructure and Cloud Services (ICS). ICS is committed to the success of our customers through a relentless focus on operational excellence, ensuring reliable and highly available systems and services, fueling and enabling accelerated cloud adoption, and delivering advanced engineering solutions.
The Infrastructure Delivery Project Director is responsible for management and implementation of large projects and programs advancing key infrastructure technologies including security, cloud foundation, network, platform service enablement, telephony, laptops, mobile devices, conferencing, collaboration, as well as data and print centers.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Infrastructure Delivery Director controls planning and execution of the Projects' or Program's activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met.
- The Infrastructure Delivery Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- The Infrastructure Delivery Director operates within defined parameters using a proven Project Management Methodology with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals. Provides project governance support and reporting.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Seven years of project management experience preferred.
- Three years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
- Experience and understanding of all delivery methodologies, including hybrid agile delivery, kanban, SAFe, and traditional project management methodologies a plus.
- Five or more years of experience in a program execution leadership role delivering Infrastructure and Cloud solutions in a matrixed shared services organization.
- Experience managing migrations from infrastructure on premise to AWS Cloud, migration from on premise technologies to SaaS, Cloud Engineering, and other core infrastructure technologies.
- Strong technology acumen and a deep strategic mindset preferred.
- Proven analytical skills and experience making date driven decisions.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Skills should include program scoping and framing, strategy execution, executive storytelling and presentations, vendor management, dashboarding, and infrastructure delivery.
- Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs.
- Develops IT Project budgets. Manages against them.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.