Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager
- Manage premium production and loss results for the insurance companies.
- Oversight and underwriting risk selection, to include:
- Commercial Lines quoting, policy approval and referral process;
- Assist in authority line setting;
- Perform routine file audits of all commercial lines staff;
- Assist in appetite, guideline, and product development efforts.
- Planning and Budgeting.
- Supervise assigned personnel.
- Assist in the training and development of personnel.
- Develop and lead underwriting meeting agendas and training
The commercial lines underwriting manager position requires a minimum of 7 years progressively
responsible property and casualty commercial lines underwriting experience.
Ideal candidate qualifications
- Team leadership experience, or direct supervision of underwriters
- Comprehension of ISO rates, rules and forms
- Multi-state underwriting experience, and familiarity with statutory regulations
- Experience in evaluating and developing proprietary coverage forms
- Ability to oversee small projects
- Familiarity or experience with predictive models in underwriting applications
- Ability to handle pressure situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Professional designations such as CPCU, CIC, etc. are a plus
- Flexible Working Hours
- Corporate Bonus Program
- Strong Continuing Education Assistance with Program Completion Bonus Structure
- Paid Employee STD/LTD/Life/AD&D
- Paid Employee Medical and Dental
- Corporate Funded Retirement Plan/401k
- Paid Time Off
This position is being hired with a flexible working location.
To apply for the commercial lines underwriting manager position please send your resume to
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tuscarora Wayne Insurance Company, domiciled in Wyalusing, Pennsylvania, is rated A
(Excellent) by A.M. Best Company and underwrites property and casualty insurance on personal, commercial, and agricultural lines of business.
Visit www.twmic.com for a complete listing of Career Opportunities and to learn more about
Tuscarora Wayne Insurance Company and our underwriting manager position.
Tuscarora Wayne Insurance Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training.