Lead Underwriter (Fully Remote)
Who We Are
NIP Group is a rapidly growing insurance service provider of specialty programs for commercial insurance brokers and carriers providing underwriting, distribution, product management, administration, and risk management services primarily by acting as a managing underwriter (MGA) and a Reciprocal Services Manager (RSM).
Our culture is one that empowers and encourages employees to be innovative, collaborative, and forward-thinking. If you are interested in being a part of a growing, entrepreneurial spirited organization, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Position(s)
Come join our growing team! The Lead Land Pro and Maintenance Pro underwriter(s) are such unique and meaningful roles - it really takes the right person who is excited about helping business owners and their insurance agents & brokers find the best insurance program. Passionate about being able to deliver the best product that is tailored fit, to meet the needs of high-end specialized landscapers.
This is a frontline and hands-on role. You will have major part in setting the underwriting portfolio strategy, along with the distribution strategy for the Land Pro or Maintenance Pro Program. Your focus will be to ensure that we are selecting reputable, good fit and profitable landscaping accounts. Your entrepreneurial mindset, intelligent use of forms, ownership and solution orientation will enable you to overcome challenges and continue to build on the very proud tradition of the Land Pro or Maintenance Pro Program. Reflecting the important business contribution this position makes it reports directly to our Construction Program Manager and work closely with the SVP of Specialty Programs.
What You’ll Do
We have 2 exciting opportunities for a Lead Underwriter to join our team – one in the landscaping class and the other in janitorial - responsibilities include:
- Focus on underwriting and growing the market share of the NIP Groups Land or Maintenance Pro Program.
- Utilize product line subject matter expertise to underwrite commercial landscaping accounts by selecting the right risks and negotiating rates, terms and conditions for new business
- Through distribution strategy and product form construction expanded the market appetite and share of the Land Pro Program.
- Manage key broker, producer, insurance industry and client relationships.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align the program strategy with the overall business and underwriting plan of the company. This includes developing and executing the Go to Market plan to ensure a strong presence in key markets and segments.
- Measure and optimize portfolio profitability and growth by reviewing and analyzing underwriting data and monitoring industry best practices to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and application to business strategy
- The Lead Land Pro or Maintenance Pro Underwriter handles the underwriting for the Land Pro or Maintenance Pro Program and reports directly to Construction Program Manager
What We’re Looking For
- Underwriter who has experience underwriting both on admitted and non-admitted paper.
- Proven track record of driving growth and underwriting profit.
- Responsible for creating and iterating the underwriting portfolio strategy for the landscaping or janitorial classes of business. Development the process, methodology, campaigns used to build a successful landscaping program
- Ability to drive cross functional alignment and coordination with sales, operations, and marketing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Expert level relationship management and broker distribution skills
- Excellent understanding of commercial programs insurance markets, coverage, including key competitors, distribution channels, market trends and dynamics
- Experience in a mid-size business unit and/or company going through rapid change or growth
What You'll Receive
At NIP Group, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. For that reason, we provide a perfect mix of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Progressive Paid-Time Off program for you to enjoy time out of the office, including time off for volunteering and life events.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts to ease taxes on spending
- Discounts in retail and entertainment.
Apply for Lead Underwriter (Fully Remote)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly