Claims Consultant - Multi-Line | Lansing, MI (Hybrid)
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Hybrid Multi-Line Commercial Claims Consultant with our client in the Lansing, MI area. As a member of our client’s claims team, utilize your knowledge of general liability to independently investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims in order to achieve appropriate outcomes. In this position, you will administer and resolve claims in a timely manner in accordance with legal statutes, policy provisions, and company guidelines.Multi-Line Commercial Claims Consultant Responsibilities
- Investigate, evaluate and adjust multi-line claims in accordance with established claim handling standards and laws.
- Establish reserves and/or provide reserve recommendations within established reserve authority levels.
- Review, approve or provide oversight of medical, legal, damage estimates, and miscellaneous invoices to determine if reasonable and related to designated claims.
- Negotiate any disputed bills or invoices for resolution.
- Authorize and make payments of multi-line claims in accordance with CCMSI claim procedures utilizing a claim payment program in accordance with industry standards and within established payment authority.
- Negotiate settlements in accordance with Corporate Claim Standards, client-specific handling instructions, and state laws, when appropriate.
- Assist in the selection, referral, and supervision of designated multi-line claim files sent to outside vendors. (i.e. legal, surveillance, case management, etc.)
- Assess and monitor subrogation claims for resolution.
- Review and maintain a personal diary on the claim system.
- Prepare reports detailing claim status, payments, and reserves, as requested.
- Compute disability rates in accordance with state laws.
- Effective and timely coordination of communication with clients, claimants, and appropriate parties throughout the claim adjustment process.
- Prepare newsletter articles as requested.
- Provide notices of qualifying claims to excess/reinsurance carriers.
- Handle more complex and involved multi-line claims than lower-level claim positions with minimum supervision.
- Conduct claim reviews and/or training sessions for designated clients, as requested.
- Attend and participate in hearings, mediations, and informal legal conferences, as appropriate.
- 8+ years of experience handling Commercial General Liability, Commercial Auto, and/or Commercial Property claims as a desk adjuster in the state of Michigan.
- No license is required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including general liability claims jobs in the Lansing, MI area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high-caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire, or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought-after positions with top companies in the industry.