Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Amazing new opportunity to conduct remote field audits to determine the actual exposures and premium to be charged for policy coverages. This position exists to ensure accurate and efficient field audits while providing excellent customer service.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Performs audits in the field or within an ICW Group Branch for ICW accounts and resolves applicable disputes.
- Conducts timely and accurate premium audits and service audits.
- Conducts audits on larger and more complex accounts.
- Provides excellent customer service – which includes all aspects of the audit experience and responding to surveys and disputes.
- Provides technical assistance to reviewers, underwriters, and agents.
- Assists with resolving complex audit disputes.
- Assists with audit review.
Maintains communication with ICW accounts and other constituencies throughout audit.
- Corresponds with insureds, agents, and Company personnel.
- Provides current status of audit inventory on a regular basis to management.
- Clarifies voluntary and physical audits by contacting insureds as needed.
- Communicates with NCCI/ WCIRB regarding classification and technical issues.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Accounting, Business, or related degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Field Premium Auditor.
- Carrier experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
APA, CIPA, or CPCU preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must have a good working knowledge of Workers' Compensation Insurance. Must be aware of and understand a variety of payroll and accounting systems, and the differences in Workers' Compensation jurisdictions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Position may require travel – up to 25%. In conducting audits and performing other tasks, works with computers and computer screens for multiple hours per day; must be able to lift and carry 25-40 pounds. Position is sedentary approximately 75% of time. Must be able to drive and be comfortable working independently.
Branch or remote positions: this job is a combination of working from home and working in the insured's clerical office areas. Requires travel (driving and flying) to insureds' locations to conduct audits. Customer worksites may vary in the environment.