This position will work closely with the Director of DBM and other technical staff to ensure database performance, integrity and programming meets or exceeds performance standards.
- Document new and existing databases and database applications
- Perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance.
- Perform routine and periodic database maintenance tasks.
- Monitor and manage custom backup/restore and disaster recovery plans.
- Design the schemes, permissions, and tables for database as appropriate for its use
- Install, configure, and upgrade the server to suit the database needs
- Design automated systems to mine information and make reports
- Control the access for database by giving security password and permissions
- Maintaining documentation and coding standards
- Assists the Director of Database Management in guaranteeing that the organization will not lose any data, and that data is always recoverable and available.
- Ensure that database backups occur in a reliable and regular manner
- Conduct data quality reviews
- Proactively monitor and respond to MSSQL database alerts.
- Develop and test data fixes to Production data to support functional and reporting requirements as needed
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Assist with schema design, code review and SQL query tuning.
- Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage.
- Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development.
- Must be available and on call to support business needs in the even of a catastrophe or storm even that will affect Florida and our policyholders
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum HS Diploma, AA preferred
- Experience working in a DBA role with similar responsibilities
- Familiar with the project management life cycle
- Dedicated, well organized, and disciplined in work
- Ability to interpret user needs and transform them into action
- Skilled at thinking logically and analyzing the given data
- Ability to handle work pressure and provide quality work
- Careful methodical approach to detail is critical
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to flex and adapt to rapidly changing situations