Exciting new opportunity to serve as an essential planning partner to the Learning & Development (L&D) team. The L&D Senior Program Specialist is responsible for contributing to company growth by supporting learning outcomes for new and existing Leaders and Team Members. This role will own learning campaigns from beginning to end ensuring that project timelines are met, and that communication is clear at all stages. These campaigns will incorporate email marketing, resource development, tools & templates, training, and eLearning designed for the Learning Management System (LMS). This position exists to execute on learning and development programs and initiatives that drive achievement of ICW business objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Partners with Director L&D and business stakeholders to evaluate team and organization development needs.
- Conducts needs assessments and makes learning recommendations based on business priorities and designs the end-to-end content development and implementation of targeted development solutions for a wide range of audiences in a variety of formats.
- Collaborates with line of business partners to develop learning and development programs, training initiatives, and robust curriculum that are relevant, targeted, attainable, and measurable to address knowledge gaps and organizational needs.
- Initiates, plans, executes, monitors, controls, and closes projects.
- Improves and creates program projects in designated collaboration tool to ensure consistency and efficiency of executing program action items.
- Leads meetings with the program and project teams to review project timelines, status updates, and organizational changes.
- Leads recurring meetings with business partners to align on goals and processes for training programs and the launch of new initiatives.
- Tracks key metrics and performance of a campaign and creates monthly status reports to ensure that learning is strategically aligned and delivering value; keeping stakeholders apprised of key performance indicators.
Plans, organizes, and administrates content management of training programs using instructional design principles leveraging the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Identifies complimentary systems to the LMS, plugins and programs to test, monitors results and make recommendations for adoption.
- Partners with LMS Administrator and digital marketing team to build plans for enhancing the LMS to promoting new and existing learning campaigns.
- Assists in creating and identifying scalable learning solutions to enhance the professional skills of all employees.
- Looks for new and innovative learning techniques for traditional and non-traditional training and development for both onsite and remote associates.
- Based on training goals, audience, and available resources, determines the best delivery method to achieve learning results.
- Reviews and revises training content to ensure training stays current and relevant.
Assists Director with Learning & Development program operations.
- Assists Director with budget planning for key program initiatives.
- Creates file and folder structure for Learning and Development materials.
- Identifies and recommends process, data, and tool improvements.
- Plans and manages learning & development program and communication rollouts. Assists in prioritizing rollouts based on business needs.
- Manages email campaigns for all learning programs including multi-touch nurtures, reporting, and execution.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's Degree required with a major or emphasis ideally in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of corporate training development and delivery experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing program and/or project strategy required. Experience in Learning Management Systems required. Captivate Authoring Tool experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) or other similar training certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Program/project management, communication and presentation skills required. Experience with Excel, Google Sheets/Spreadsheet Management, project management tools. Familiarity of the ADDIE Model – Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation. Proven ability to manage workload and projects to deliver in a timely manner. Strong sense of organizational structure. Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork and self-motivation were critical for success. High aptitude for collaboration. Ability to communication effectively with internal partners and executives. Strategic, creative, conceptual, and tactical ability. Must be highly organized and process driven with self-discipline and a sense of urgency. Strong understanding of resource development. Professional presence and manner. Ability to conduct needs assessment, evaluation development, results analysis, metrics development and expectations management. Knowledge of current learning technologies and platforms. Knowledge of and skill in use of e-learning platforms and how to leverage for various audiences. Knowledge of adult learning principles and demonstrated experience using best practices in instructional design. Ability to translate business and technical requirements into effective learning solutions. Knowledge of instructional design, facilitation, coaching, e-learning, virtual learning, in-person learning and related best practices. Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal clients/stakeholders. Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills in a complex business environment. Able to analyze cost/benefit of various learning approaches to determine the best solution. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.