Senior Underwriter - Environmental
SENIOR UNDERWRITER – ENVIRONMENTAL
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused senior level Environmental Liability Underwriter. With an emphasis on providing quality service to our wholesale production partners, this underwriter will be responsible for new business production and renewal business servicing. Other expectations will be to work in a team environment to achieve premium production goals of the department, build and maintain relationships with our wholesale production partners, and develop marketing and distribution strategies. The underwriter must be able to interact well with internal resources.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in a technical field – Environmental Sciences preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional underwriting experience with strong emphasis in environmental liability: site pollution liability, contractor's pollution liability, storage tank liability, general liability, and excess liability.
- Completion or continuing work towards industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- General familiarity with professional liability and knowledge of insurance and underwriting technical basics obtained working within the small business and middle market segments.
- Basic understanding of financial evaluation tools and rating models.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal resources at all levels.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Must be skilled in using personal computers, the internet and multiple software programs.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Want to join an exciting and team-oriented environment that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, professional and educational growth opportunities, and recognition for great performance? Apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer