Commercial Liability Underwriter
Commercial Liability Underwriter - Environmental
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused Commercial Liability Underwriter. With an emphasis on providing quality service to our wholesale production partners, this underwriter will be responsible for renewal business production. Other expectations will be to work in a team environment to achieve premium production goals of the department, build and maintain relationships with our wholesale production partners, and develop marketing and distribution strategies. Must interact well with internal resources.
Education & Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent.
- Risk management and underwriting background preferred. Recent college graduates with a concentration in Risk Management are encouraged to apply.
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience as an underwriting assistant or a minimum 2 years direct underwriting experience preferred.
- Completion or continuing work towards industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- General familiarity with environmental liability and/or knowledge of insurance and underwriting technical basics obtained working within the small business and middle market segments.
- Basic understanding of financial evaluation tools and rating models.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal and external resources at all levels.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, accurate and timely.
- Forward-thinking capability, with problem-resolution and analytical skills required.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer