The Administrative Assistant II performs diverse administrative responsibilities for various levels of staff within the company and provides clerical assistance to other departments when possible and needed. This position coordinates various projects and prepares reports and information which may be of a highly confidential and critical nature, supporting the goals of local management, and of CorVel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephones. Handles inquiries appropriately.
- Opens, reads, prioritizes, routes and distributes incoming mail or other materials.
- Coordinates and maintains scheduling and event calendars, including travel dates and arrangements, appointments with customers, meetings and conference calls
- Organizes and maintains document storage.
- Creates and prepares presentations, memos, reports, correspondence and miscellaneous projects.
- Handles general office operations, reception, mail, breakroom, office supplies and room reservations.
- Provides clerical assistance to other departments when possible as needed
- Requires regular and consistent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (“IIPP”).
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on several concurrent tasks and prioritize workload with minimal direction.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Intermediate ability to utilize Microsoft applications
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills that include comfort in interactions with all levels of staff and individuals outside of the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in administrative support roles
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.