HYBRID OPTION: Associate Accountant
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
- Hybrid: Monday-Friday, work schedule (With flexibility)
- Comprehensive benefits that include a generous paid time off package
- Fitness and educational support
- Career progression opportunities
- Company casual dress code
How you will make an impact
- Oversee weekly deposits
- Calculate commission checks
- Report in accordance to established rules, reconciliation of various general ledger accounts to supporting detail, and clear reconciling items
- Prepare and enter journal entries for accruals, adjustments, and other applicable items
- Various GAAP and Statutory basis reporting in accordance with established rules
- Participate in the recording, processing, reporting and analysis of financial transactions
- Assist in the maintenance of accounting systems, researching accounting regulations and new pronouncements, and fulfilling audit and other requests
- Review accounts assigned to ensure that balances and activity are properly supported and recorded
- Assist in drafting disclosure for quarterly and annual reporting for both GAAP and Statutory basis reports
- Provide support on projects
- Four (4) year completed degree in Accounting or Finance (Relevant accounting work experience will be considered)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Aptitude to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office and various applicable programs
- Ability to successfully work both independently and on a team
- Organizational skills and capability to manage multiple projects
- Professional office experience
- Accounting experience
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.