- Highly visible and impactful role working directly with GRS ELT Leadership helping to drive overall execution and direction of Strategic Transactions, Planning & Budgeting
- Responsible for leading all financial activities of business group with large scope and complexity
- Directs all strategic transaction activity across the SBU including Competitive Intelligence, Mergers & Acquisition, and Venture capital while coordinating respective roles with both Corporate and the relevant segments
- Directs all financial and business forecasting and planning activities of the business group, including analysis, budgeting, and strategic plans for GRS HO functions and the GRS segments while coordinating with Corporate.
- Directs teams responsible for annual business planning process, including the development of strategic and tactical objectives, critical success factors, financial objectives, and competitive analysis
- Directs teams responsible for monthly financial expense reporting for GRS & Home Office Functions including creating new analysis to help drive efficiencies across the organization.
- Develops and maintains a high performance and technically proficient finance team.
- Analyzes industry and competitor financial results and identifies gaps and recommends solutions.
- Actively involved in operational/financial decisions regarding M&A/Venture discussions. Actively contribute to the overall strategic direction of GRS
- Directs teams responsible for competitor/industry results analysis, and M&A/Venture working including due diligence and integration activities
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required. Advanced degree in Finance or Accounting preferable. 10+ years of progressive experience in the financial industry, along with experience at leading financial analysis projects. Demonstrated leadership and management skills- a minimum of four years of managing staff. Demonstrated ability to initiate change as a thought leader. Excellent understanding of financial analysis. Comprehensive understanding of accounting standards (e.g., GAAP, STAT). Excellent written and verbal communication skills and decision making abilities. Experience initiating and leading projects and demonstrated ability to work with senior managers and key stakeholders.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.