Principle Data Analyst
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The GDS Technical Support Development team is actively looking to hire a candidate for the Principal Data Analyst position. This associate will partner with leadership team to assist with operational data needs and trends as well as manage market requests and data inquiries.
- Participates in the evaluation of business requirements.
- Consults on and researches data structure and/or data content issues and designs effective data solutions.
- Creates and implements physical data solutions which may include Power BI, Remedy, HEAP, database objects and SQL.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and may assign and monitor tasks.
- Supports development team throughout project lifecycle; during test phase researches test issues and data content and assists with problem resolution.
- Assists with coordination of database changes within context of overall configuration management process.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of new standards and procedures.
- Investigates components of new tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of Technical Support environment and key metrics/targets
- Capability to perform data analysis and trending
- Strong ability to collaborate and build rapport with TS team members as well as Market Partners
- Strong communication skills; capability to clearly share technical/complex ideas
- Participates in the evaluation of complex business requirements
- Transforms common system requirements into data models, according to architecture for shared and reusable services - designs are generic and of broad scope models data solutions across projects according to architecture, technology and standards
- Identifies and consults on high complexity data structure and/or data content issues designs effective data solutions
- Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and data designs to varied audiences communicates project data objectives, scope and direction across project teams
- Acts as principal project data architecture designer and reviewer for 1 or more project teams and makes major data architectural decisions responsible for education within IT unit on all dimensions of data architecture
- Coordinates database changes within context of overall configuration management process
- Supports development team throughout project lifecycle, including during test phase researches test issues and data content, and assists with problem resolution
- Investigates and makes final recommendations on new tools and techniques collaborates on hardware/software evaluations
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.