Senior Manager, Event Strategy
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Senior Manager, Event Strategy
The Manager, Event Strategy is a key role in the MMES organization, responsible for management of direct reports, MMES technology, analytics & reporting on team value proposition, internal/external resourcing & prioritization of work, including communicating with and advising business partners on MMES capabilities and support model. This role manages a team of event coordinators, monitoring and managing capacity within MMES to ensure effective support across the entire portfolio of programs, as well as the event technology and strategic event support functions for the enterprise. This position leads day-to-day operations and continuous evolution of MMES tech stack, responsible for overall Registration, Mobile App and Drupal administration, plus other event-related technology. Team operations such as managing event requests, resourcing, and leveraging portfolio of third-party relationships to support changing volume of the event portfolio. This position will be responsible for leveraging existing data sets to support MMES priorities and ongoing reporting cadence in Enterprise Services and T&ES.
- Influences MMES and executive leadership, supporting event related business objectives, providing thoughtful and strategic recommendations for improvement and continuous enhancement
- Manages the day-to-day event technology functions, including MMES' conference and event registration platforms, event apps, digital event tools and related services
- Ensures the execution of the operational strategy to improve processes, productivity and efficiency, and to reduce costs for business area
- Responsible for fostering innovation, ensuring the use of effective benchmarking and event analytics to help support robust recommendations and drive new ideas
- Assists in identifying and developing new event opportunities company-wide, including collaborating with MMES LT on rationale and participating in socializing concepts to senior executives for buy-in
- Supports the effective management of MMES' third-party preferred vendor relationships, DMCs, hospitality partners, creative and production agencies, and travel management companies
- Manages event request process and communication with our business partners, ensuring incoming programs are supported with appropriate staffing aligned with the corresponding tier
- Leverages a variety of data sets to tell the story of MMES portfolio at the ES, T&ES and LM levels. Develops and presents quarterly and annual reporting and coordinates necessary data between planning team and cross functional partners
- Leads event survey strategy by program type and manages on going survey analysis process in partnership with each event team
- Point of contact for our hotel partner Global and National Sales Offices and ongoing management of any associated hotel points rewards programs
- Oversees team of event coordinators within MMES in cost, time and project management efficiencies, ensuring that all team members are utilizing the strategic MMES Core Business Process, providing consistency in planning and execution through utilization of industry best practices
- Manages ongoing training for technology, processes and updates MMES-wide
- Provides regular coaching, supports professional development and manages annual review cycle for direct reports
- Bachelor's degree (with a concentration in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications preferred) or equivalent experience required. 8-10 years industry related event experience and/or corporate brand/marketing experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple priorities. Strong organizational, coordination, project management, and analytical skills. Strong presentation skills required. Budget management and project management experience preferred. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail, as well as the ability to plan for through variability, being resourceful and proactive
- Innovative mindset, able to pivot between creative pitches for new ideas and tactical implementation of operational projects
- Industry related corporate leadership meetings and event experience preferred; skilled in areas of strategic business planning support, proven project budget management, operational planning, negotiating third party contracts, and project management and/or three or more years in a highly effective lead role and/or management capacity
- Strong knowledge of event technology landscape including expertise in Cvent, Zoom, MS Teams and other virtual and mobile app platforms
- Strong ability to create a work environment that fosters positive employee engagement, establishing strong relationships and positive communication, both internally and externally