Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, the Senior Business Systems Specialist is responsible for/involved in all aspects of the life of a specific system/application. May include: evaluation of system enhancement requests, requirements development and documentation, testing and implementation; production support/troubleshooting, maintenance of system documentation, training responding to customer concerns and communicating results. The Senior Business Systems Specialist is responsible to assess and communicate impacts of changes to the application or system domain. The Senior Business Systems Specialist possesses strong knowledge of a particular business capability, product or system domain. Utilizing knowledge of the business and the specific application(s), identifies system opportunities to support business needs. May specialize in a particular technology or skill. This job typically does not lead others., but may act as a team lead coordinating multiple change requests or large enhancements. The Senior Business Systems Specialist may provide limited coaching to less experienced team members.
Personal Lines product and systems knowledge preferred.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate troubleshooting and defect resolution. This includes requesting resources, migration through environments and ticket management.
- Effectively communicates status of enhancements, change requests and defects.
- May manage change, defect and enhancement request process and assignment of approved work.
Documentation and Training:
- Maintains documentation of current state systems.
- Assists in development of training materials and business implementation/transition activities.
- Evaluates requests for projects and enhancements.
- May make recommendations for operational process improvements and/or system enhancements.
- Elicits documents and validates requirements for change requests and enhancements to capabilities, products or systems.
- May act as project manager for enhancements or new functionality.
- Helps identify appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders to participate in requirements sessions.
- Utilizes business and system knowledge to support business needs.
- Applies knowledge of a particular business capability, product and/or system domain and communicates impact of changes to current state business process, products, data, feeds and systems.
- May provide input into departmental or divisional planning process. Provides subject matter expertise and capabilities to Business and IT Projects.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience supporting business technology systems required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
- Three years of experience supporting business technology systems preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Business Perspective (Intermediate): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Intermediate): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Analytical Thinking (Basic): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Relationship Management (Basic): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Communication (Basic): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Facilitation (Basic): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Teamwork (Intermediate): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Conflict Management (Basic): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Basic): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Basic): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.