Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for handling low complexity predominately Personal Insurance Auto Damage claims from the first notice of loss through resolution/settlement and payment process. This includes applying laws and statutes for multiple state jurisdictions. Claim types include single and two vehicle auto damage with clear liability and no injuries. May also include non-auto, property related damage. Claims do not involve more complex Auto Damage such as non-owned vehicles, fire/theft, and potential fraud. Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Contacts/Experience:
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the process, setting expectations, on-going communication, follows-through and meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome on every file.
- Coverage Analysis:
- Reviews and analyzes low complexity coverage and applies policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements for Auto Damage only claims in multiple state jurisdictions. Addresses proper application of any deductibles and verifies benefits available and coverage limits that will apply.
- Investigates each claim to obtain relevant facts necessary to determine coverage, causation/damages, confirm liability (0% or 100%) and exposure with respect to the various coverages provided through prompt contact with appropriate parties (e.g., policyholders, claimants, witnesses, agents, etc.).
- Recognizes and requests appropriate inspection type based on the details of the loss and coordinate the appraisal process. Maintains oversight of the repair process and ensures appropriate expense handling.
- Refers claims beyond authority as appropriate based on exposure and established guidelines. Recognizes and forwards appropriate files to subject matter experts (i.e., Subrogation, Property, Adverse Subrogation, etc.).
- Establishes timely and maintains appropriate claim and expense reserves. Manages file inventory and expense reserves by utilizing an effective diary system, documenting claim file activities to resolve claim in a timely manner.
- Determines settlement amounts based upon appraisal estimate and application of applicable limits and deductibles. Conveys claim settlements within authority limits to insureds and claimants. As appropriate, writes denial letters and other necessary correspondence to insureds and claimants.
- Insurance License:
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of customer service experience OR Bachelors Degree required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Keyboard skills and Windows proficiency, including Excel and Word - Intermediate
- Verbal and written communication skills -Intermediate
- Analytical Thinking - Basic
- Judgment/Decision Making - Basic
- Negotiation - Basic
- Insurance Contract Knowledge - Basic
- Principles of Investigation - Basic
- Value Determination - Basic
- Settlement Techniques - Basic
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.