Sr Employee Experience Specialist
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking a Senior Employee Experience Specialist for our Springfield, MO location. The Senior Employee Experience Specialist is responsible for coordinating and collaborating with planning, organizing, and implementing wellness, appreciation programs, and community events. Serves as a mentor to the team and leads projects under the guidance and support of the director, Employee Experience & Community Relations.
- Manages employee involvement programs: peer to peer, community/volunteerism, appreciation, wellness, etc.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates programs, events, activities and may serve as the owner or point person for a particular event(s).
- Develops and maintains interest in employee appreciation programs.
- Makes suggestions based on employee engagement in events and programs.
- Ensures all activities are developed with company values and agility, collaboration and engagement (ACE) behaviors in mind, and conveys messaging that aligns with company values and ACE.
- Schedules and plans volunteer opportunities by contacting agencies.
- Vets agencies for further volunteer opportunities.
- Follows the volunteer website guidelines to maintain the site.
- Provides guidance to the SharePoint team when edits, updates and additions are needed.
- Provides guidance for developing event standards, calendars, event types and related guidelines/proposals for implementation.
- 2 or more years of human resources (HR) or project management, community engagement or event planning experience.
- Ability to plan, execute and prioritize multiple projects
- Previous experience with community engagement, volunteer initiatives, event planning and/or managing projects
- College degree in a related field
- HR Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.