Senior Programmer Analyst II
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Purpose of Job
The PolicyLink Team within Life and Annuity Systems is currently seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst II for our Galveston, TX location.Essential Functions
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency with life and/or annuity admin system processing focused on problem solving, analysis, development, and testing.
- Respond quickly to production issues, including after hours on-call responsibilities.
- IT related Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience working in life insurance and/or financial industry.
- Uses concepts and abilities of an application developer to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Performs analysis, programming, and testing tasks with minimal direction from others.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change.
- Must be able to work occasional night and weekend hours.
- On-call rotation is required.
- Experience with accounting, valuation and/or product development is desirable.
- Knowledge of variable life and annuity practices is a plus.
Preferred Technical Experience
- Minimum seven years of programming experience, preferably COBOL in a life insurance admin system and/or an annuity admin system.
- Advanced skills and experience with DB2, SQL Server, and client server technologies.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.