Business Analyst I
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for providing system support for Life Insurance Administration (LIA) business unit personnel and company customers.Essential Functions
• Obtains a basic understanding of a specific LIA business unit and the respective assigned system that is used to administer or process the business.
• Produces written business requirements for small- to medium-size system changes associated with their assigned system and business unit.
• Works directly with the LIA business unit requesting the system change in order to develop, write, and provide accurate business requirements.
• Updates rules-based system tables within their assigned system that control processing and correspondence for noncomplex changes when applicable.
• Maintains accountability for the quality assurance and testing of small- to medium-size system changes within their assigned LIA system and estimating the time and effort for these tasks.
• Ensures that system changes produce expected results as documented in the respective business requirement.
• Exercises regression tools and testing techniques to ensure system changes have not adversely affected other production system program code.
• Provides system production support to LIA business units when requested and applicable. These types of functions include production problem resolution, system training, answering system-related questions, providing system status, and assisting in resolving any system-related issues.Experience & Supervision
Experience: Two to four years of experience
Supervision: Supervisory/management experience not applicableAdditional Qualifications
- Inexperienced incumbent is preferred to have a minimum of a four-year college degree in business administration, computer science, management information systems or equivalent, with two to four years of full-time job experience
- Incumbent without a college degree is expected to have a two to four years of experience and possess:
- Basic understanding of assigned LIA business unit procedures and system processes.
- Basic knowledge of life insurance and annuity products.
- Basic knowledge of general insurance and annuity principles and practices.
- Basic understanding of divisions outside of LIA including Corporate Technology Services, marketing, actuarial, and controllers.
- Basic knowledge and skills to perform system testing.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.