American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking a Project Manager. This role is responsible for large high-priority Information Technology projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. The Project Manager takes projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Facilitate strategic management process
- Perform project assessment
- Identify key deliverables to achieve project goals
- Perform stakeholder analysis
- Identify high level risks, assumptions and constraints in order to propose implementation strategy
- Conduct benefit analysis on project and calculate project net present value
- Facilitate the development of the project charter
- Review and assess detailed project requirements
- Develop scope management plan
- Develop cost management plan
- Develop project schedule
- Develop communications management plan
- Develop procurement management plan
- Develop change management plan
- Develop risk management plan
- Develop stakeholder management plan
- Facilitate the development of the project plan
- Manage task execution
- Measure project performance to quantify variances and identify corrective actions
- Verify deliverables conform to quality standards
- Manage changes to ensure project goals continue to meet business needs
- Manage flow of project information to keep stakeholders engaged and informed
- Maintain stakeholder relationships to receive continued support and manage expectations
- Monitor and assess risk strategies
- Review issue log and determine corrective actions
- Capture and analyze lessons learned
- Obtain final acceptance of the project deliverables from stakeholders
- Transfer the ownership of deliverables to the assigned stakeholders
- Obtain financial, legal and administrative closure of project
- A 4-year college degree is required
- Ten years of experience with proven ability to initiate, plan, execute and close out IT projects.
- Strong strategic management skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
- Agile certification or experience required.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.