J2EE Web Developer
American National is currently seeking an experienced Lead Web Developer to join our team! This role will develop, design, implement and support software solutions and systems within web-based applications. These applications support products for Life, Annuity, Health, and Disability for internal staff, agents, and customers.
- 5-10 years of experience in web-based software development environments and demonstrated ability in Java and J2EE including JPA, EJB, Servlets, RESTFul Web Services.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience with DB2 and SQL Server databases; ability to verify and create complex views, queries and stored procedures
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design concepts and implementation.
- Experience with non-functional requirements such software security risks and remediations, implementing owasp recommendations, application performance, code-reuse, etc.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent required
- Experience with the full product life cycle including requirements gathering, prototyping, testing, QA and deployment
- Strong written, verbal, customer service and analytical skills are necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change in a more than satisfactory manner
- Experience with GIT and TFS
- Experience with agile development (scrum)
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Server side caching and implementation