Associate Storage Administrator
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National is seeking an Associate Storage Administrator to handle responsibilities for our Mainframe environment. This is a technical position that will be responsible for storage infrastructure (DS8910 and TS7770) and associated tools such as DFSMS, DFHSM, DFDSS, DFRMM, and FDR within z/OS. Ensure environment is properly backed up and handle all restores in the mainframe environment.
- Assist in completing service request ticket assigned to the Technical Support team.
- Assist senior staff with the implementing new storage implementations.
- Continue to gain an understanding of jobs, processes and tasks performed by the Technical Support group.
- Participate in disaster recovery activities for systems supported by Technical Support.
- Participate in on-call duties.
- Assist senior members in updating training procedures.
- Recommend process improvements to senior staff members.
- Associates degree in Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years as a Mainframe computer operator, applications programmer or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of mainframe environment including job control language (JCL), time sharing option (TSO), DB and file systems.
- Ability to participate with on call rotation (24x7) and expect to respond to problems within teams responsibilities.
- Basic understanding of Windows operating systems and Office tools.
- Not required but helpful would be knowledge of SAS, COBOL, Assembler, VMWare, Linux, or IBM i (OS/400), and any job schedulers.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.