Customer Service Representative
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Health Customer Service Representative
American National is seeking Health Customer Service Representative for the League City and Galveston, TX locations. This role will assist and service health insurance customers by answering questions relating to health insurance products, policy administration (changes and billing), claims processing, verification of benefits, new business issues and the conservation of policy coverage and premium receipts.
- Working knowledge of the more than 100 Health Products, as well as, procedures of all servicing departments within the Health Insurance Division and a general knowledge of the other products offered by the company and marketing distribution systems that market our health insurance products (gained through a 9 week paid training program at the beginning of employment)
- Assist the customer in understanding their coverage and, if the coverage does not meet their needs, assist in providing options that will enable the coverage to meet their needs, thereby conserving the business and assisting with the persistency rate
- Provide prompt, accurate responses and/or referrals to all inquiries while meeting the established standards of meets expectations for quality and job/product knowledge;
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with customers either one on one or over the phone
- Must have the ability to handle stress, multitask, and be a self starter
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and skilled judgment
- Proficient computer experience, including Microsoft Office
- Conscientious and disciplined concerning personal attendance and punctuality
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.