Senior Web Developer - Remote
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Senior Web Developer II:
American National is currently seeking an experienced Senior Web Developer II to join our team. This role will develop, design, implement and support software solutions and systems within web-based applications. These applications support products for all lines of business, primarily for clients and internal staff.
- 3-5 years of experience in web-based software development environments
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience with GIT and TFS
- Experience with agile development (scrum)
- Experience with DB2 and SQL Server databases; ability to verify and create complex views, queries and stored procedures
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent required
- Experience with the full product life cycle including requirements gathering, prototyping, testing, QA and deployment
- Strong written, verbal, customer service and analytical skills are necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change in a more than satisfactory manner
- Familiarity with macOS
- J2EE programming experience
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.